Here are 10 questions you should ask any wedding photographer you’re considering hiring.
1. How long have you been photographing weddings? Shilliday Photography, LLC was founded in 2008, when Nicole decided that she was going to follow her dreams and become a full-time lifestyle and wedding photographer.
2. Will you be the person photographing my wedding? Yes, Nicole will be photographing your wedding unless you made prior plans for an associate photographer to attend your event. Second photographers are also available to book for the day.
3. May I see some recent, full weddings you have photographed? Sure! Click here.
4. How many camera bodies/lenses/batteries/memory cards/flashes do you bring to a wedding? Nicole has 3 camera bodies and batteries, 6 lenses, and 2 flashes. Mechanical failures happen. Batteries die. Any photographer you hire needs to have backup equipment in case something goes wrong.
5. What is included in our package? Full day wedding coverage (up to 12 hours, yet most weddings are 8-10), and online gallery of all your edited images with options to purchase photos, printing rights to your images along with a flash drive for safe keeping, albums, and other products available ala carte.
6. What is required to book you for our wedding? A $600 retainer fee along with a signed contract.
7. What happens if we have to change or cancel our wedding date after we book your services? Unexpected things happen and plans sometimes have to change. Shilliday Photography has a non-refundability policy in the event you must cancel your wedding date but are willing to work with you to book a new date, where your funds will be transferred.
8. What happens if you have an emergency and can’t make it to our wedding? This isn’t a fun conversation to have and no one likes to think about anything going wrong on their wedding day, but wedding photographers are human. Events beyond our control sometimes happen. We have a network of other professionals they can call on to photograph your wedding if an emergency were to prevent them from being there.
9. How long will it take to receive our pictures? Processing a wedding takes time, but you will see your gallery within 3 weeks of your wedding. Sometimes sooner! Usually, preview photos will be added to Shilliday Photography's facebook page to help ease your anxious mind! Like the page to keep updated on your event.
10. What are our rights to the pictures once we receive them? We provided you with a personal usage release which allows you to reproduce the photographs (i.e. making prints for yourself and family) and share them online. We ask that you just not alter the images in any way. Feel free to share the images with your vendors. They can use your photographs as long as proper credit to Shilliday Photography is given.